Cadence 16.6 ORCOMMN-2302

Hi All,

I am getting ORCOMMN-2302 Initialization error while creating Pspice simulation profile with Cadence capture 16.6. please provide your kind suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Puneet

• Start Capture (CIS), View>Command Window from the menu, in the Command Window type the following command: DboTclHelper_ReRegisterOrCADPlugins and press the enter key, note that the command is case sensitive. You can close the Command Window after that.
  • Thanks for kind reply, but it didn't help me. I have attached two images of the errors.

• You have managed to cover the window header that has the design file location within it and I suspect that it as the root of the problem since the simulation profile looks to be located at G:/cadence<space>sim/<space>FullAdd/ ... that is going to be taking off any time soon. Try running the example from the installation, C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.6_Lite\tools\pspice\capture_samples\anasim\example\example.opj that should confirm that the problem lies with your project location / settings and not with the installation.
  •  yes true, example.opj works. I have attached new screenshot. please let me know what I did wrong.

• OK, the problem is with the path then, relocate the DSN file to a path that does not contain a space after any of the directory delimiters, so try G:\cadence sim\FullAdd (create the directory) as the location of the DSN file. In Capture use File>Open>Design and browse to the DSN File in G:\cadence sim\FullAdd , set the project type to Mixed A/D and OK to get the project created, as G:\cadence sim\FullAdd\FullAdd.opj, then you should be able to create a New Simulation Profile, should that still fail, create a directory of G:\cadence_sim\FullAdd to remove all of the spaces, put the DSN file in there and repeat the project creation and the create the simulation profile.
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout