Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions New browser error when trying to post a reply to a forum...

New browser error when trying to post a reply to a forum post

Dear Sirs or Madams,

Over the past few weeks, I am getting an error any time I try to respond to a Forum post if I am not logged in. If I am not logged in and hit the "Reply" button, it prompts me for my credentials and then, after 20 to 30 seconds, I get the following error:

I cannot recover from the error using browser commands and must resort to find the URL to the post I wanted to reply to. Of course, when I do get back to the post, the reply I have written is gone and I must reconstruct my reply by memory. I've experienced this error on multiple browsers (OS X Safari, Firefox, and iOS) as well as a multiple Macs and PCs. I never experienced this behavior until the last few weeks. Has anyone else reported this experience, and if so, is there a worakround or expected resolution date?

Thank you,

Shawn

Parents
  • Hi Shawn,

It's known - I see that too. I mentioned it to my colleagues in IT who look after the forums towards the end of last year and they did some investigation, but no resolution yet.

What I tend to do (especially before writing any lengthy reply) is to log in first via the head-and-shoulders icon to the right of "Company" at the top of the page (if it's not red already), or at the very least I copy (ctrl-C/cmd-C) what I'm going to post before hitting the Login button if I hadn't noticed that it's not saying "Reply" when I started typing. At least then I can simply paste it when I try again...

Yes, it's a pain, but I suppose I'd got used to living with these workarounds. I've contacted the team again to ask them to try to fully resolve this.

Cheers,

Andrew.
  • Hi Andrew,

Andrew Beckett said:
    It's known - I see that too. I mentioned it to my colleagues in IT who look after the forums towards the end of last year and they did some investigation, but no resolution yet.

That is fine and I understand. I just was not sure if anyone else was also experiencing the issue! Thank you for letting me know and providing your workaround. If I am not logged in, I do exactly what you do as a workaround (i.e., copy my response before hitting the "Reply" button and then paste the response after navigating back to the relevant post).

Thank you, none the less, for contacting the team again,

Shawn

• Hi Shawn,

IT investigated this yesterday and reported to me that they'd resolved it - from my experiments, it does now seem to be behaving.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Dear Andrew,

I also ran a test today and was able to reply successfully without the error ( I did not actually post the response).

Wonderful! I will respond to the Cadence representative who contacted me.

Shawn
Reply Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout